Tips, Links and Tidbits Newsletter
Wednesday 1st May 2013
Came across two absolute scorcher quotes on Facebook.
Absolutely LOVE this quote!
Tell me again how you think immunisation is the optimum solution for your child when autism, and a great many other health problems, are related to vaccinations?
The body runs optimally when fed a diet of genuinely nourishing food that does not contain toxins, is not living in a polluted environment, is allowed to develop natural immunity through exposure to normal pathogens and not filled with a toxic chemical cocktail via vaccinations designed to make the drug companies tons of money at the expense of our children’s health.
Bees “restored to health” in Italy after this spring’s neonicotinoid-free maize sowing
It does look like a resounding, spectacular success. During this year’s neonicotinoid-free maize sowing in Italy hardly a bee colony has been lost, bar a suspicious case where some leftover seed from last year may have been used.
The ban on the insecticide-soaked seed coating enforced by the Italian government last year seems to have worked wonders, judging from the freshest data collected on the ground by researchers, beekeepers and regional authorities alike.
We are now anxious to ensure that the temporary ban of neonicotinoid seed coating becomes definitive. Over the past few days we got news of devastating cases of bee mortality in some citrus groves of Southern Italy, which had been sprayed with one neonicotinoid.
Green Is Good! In More Ways Than One
Recent research has confirmed our suspicion that green is good, especially in urbanised areas.
According to the study by the University of Exeter, UK, living in an urban area with relatively high levels of green space can have a significantly positive impact on well-being (about equal to a third of the impact of being married), along with improving mood and cognitive functioning.
By examining data from a national survey that followed UK households over time, researchers found that individuals reported less mental distress and higher life satisfaction when they were living in greener areas.
The Benefits of Folate (Folic Acid)
From a newsletter I receive from Nutrition and Healing
Our regular readers know that we don’t shy away from a little debate or even an outright brawl with mainstream medicine when it comes to the best way to keep you healthy.
While some debates are worth having, others are just silly. So let’s hope that a massive new study on folic acid finally puts to bed one of the silliest debates of all.
For years, we’ve been telling you that some folks in mainstream medicine have never met a vitamin or other natural product that didn’t frighten them. That’s because as more people turn to these natural, time-tested remedies, the Big Pharma gravy train rolls to a halt.
So some mainstream doctors and medical researchers have been trying to scare people away from supplementing with folic acid, a natural and beneficial B vitamin.
Folate, the natural form of folic acid, is necessary for cell growth and division, which led some to concoct a ridiculous theory that folic acid must somehow raise your risk of cancer.
A new international study has exposed that theory for exactly what it is — pure nonsense. A team of researchers analysed 13 separate trials involving 50,000 people to see if daily supplementation with folic acid led to an increased cancer risk.
After five years, the researchers tallied who developed cancer and found no significant difference whatsoever between the group that took folic acid and the group that took a placebo.
There was no increased risk of colon cancer. No increased risk of prostate cancer. No increased risk of lung or breast cancer.
You get the picture.
I’m hoping that this new research will open people’s eyes to a truth we’ve been sharing with you for years — folic acid actually helps PREVENT cancer. That’s not just a theory — that’s a fact that’s been confirmed by extensive research.
Numerous studies have shown that folic acid is effective in reducing your risk of developing breast, colon, ovarian, pancreatic, and a host of other cancers. In fact, Dr. Wright calls folic acid, vitamin B12 and zinc the “three most important nutrients in any cancer prevention programme.”
As part of a cancer-prevention regimen, Dr. Wright recommends folic acid (1-5 milligrams daily), vitamin B12 (500-2,000 micrograms daily), and zinc (30 milligrams of zinc picolinate, along with 2 milligrams of copper daily).
Give this routine a try, and you’ll learn a secret that many in the mainstream have been slow to accept — when it comes to cancer prevention, folic acid may be the best friend you have.
Jury Of English Majors
Request To The Considerate Boss
1. Never give me work in the morning. Always wait until 5:00pm and then bring it to me. The challenge of a deadline is always refreshing.
2. If it’s really a “rush job”, run in and interrupt me every 10 minutes to inquire how it’s going. That greatly aids my efficiency.
3. Always leave without telling anyone where you’re going. It gives me a chance to be creative when someone asks where you are.
4. If my arms are full of papers, boxes, books or supplies, don’t open the door for me. I might need to learn how to function as a paraplegic in future and opening doors is good training.
5. If you give me more than one job to do, don’t tell me which is the priority. Let me guess.
6. Do your best to keep me late. I like the office and really have nowhere to go or anything to do.
7. If a job I do pleases you, keep it a secret. Leaks like that could get me a promotion.
8. If you don’t like my work, tell everyone. I like my name to be popular in conversations.
9. If you have special instructions for a job, don’t write them down. If fact, save them until the job is almost done.
10. Never introduce me to the people you’re with. When you refer to them later, my shrewd deductions will identify them.
11. Be nice to me only when the job I’m doing for you could really change your life.
12. Tell me all your little problems. No one else has any and it’s nice to know someone is less fortunate.
Colossal Hot Cloud Envelopes Colliding Galaxies
An enormous cloud of hot gas is surrounding two merging spiral galaxies.
This gas reservoir contains the mass of 10 billion Suns, spans 300,000 light years, and radiates at more 7 million degrees.
X-rays from Chandra (purple) have been combined with optical data from Hubble to make this composite image.
A burst of star formation that lasted for at least 200 million years may be responsible for this extra large cloud of hot gas.
Banned from Shopping
I thought this was hilarious. I do every time I see it. I still cry with laughter. Some people have a wickedly creative sense of humour.
After I retired, my wife insisted that I accompany her on her trips to Walmart. Unfortunately, like most men, I found shopping boring and preferred to get in and get out. Equally unfortunate, my wife is like most women - she loves to browse.
Yesterday my dear wife received the following letter from the local Walmart
Dear Mrs. Woolf,
Over the past six months, your husband has caused quite a commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behavior and have been forced to ban both of you from the store. Our complaints against your husband, Mr. Woolf, are listed below and are “documented by our video surveillance cameras”:
1. June 15: He took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people’s carts when they weren’t looking.
2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5 minute intervals.
3. July 7: He made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women’s restroom.
4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, “Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away”. This caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a reprimand from her Supervisor that in turn resulted in management getting involved causing management to lose time and costing the company money.
5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to reserve a bag of chips.
6. August 14: Moved a ’CAUTION - WET FLOOR’ sign to a carpeted area.
7. August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told the children shoppers they could come in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department - to which twenty children obliged.
8. August 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and screamed, “Why can’t you people just leave me alone?” Emergency Medics were called.
9. September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose.
10. September 10: While handling guns in the Sports department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.
11. October 3: Darted around the Store suspiciously while loudly humming the ’Mission Impossible’ theme.
12. October 6: In the auto department, he practiced his ’Madonna look’ by using different sizes of funnels.
13. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled ’PICK ME! PICK ME!’
14. October 22: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed the fetal position and screamed ’OH NO! IT’S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!’
15. Took a box of condoms to the checkout clerk and asked where the fitting room was.
And last, but not least:
16. October 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, and then yelled very loudly, “Hey! There's no toilet paper in here.” One of the staff passed out.
I wonder if I’ll have to go along on many more shopping trips?
Found at Auction: The Unseen Photographs of a Legend that Never Was
Picture this: quite possibly the most important street photographer of the 20th century was a 1950s children’s nanny who kept herself to herself and never showed a single one of her photographs to anyone. Decades later in 2007, a Chicago real estate agent and historical hobbyist, John Maloof purchased a box of never-seen, never-developed film negatives of an unknown ’amateur’ photographer for $380 at his local auction house.
Spend Time, Not Money, On Your Children
It is good for both of you!
This just in from a friend living in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong has gone into hyper inflation big time; 50% increase in staple foods this week!!! It came right after a modest decrease = scumbags! The big banks, Standard Chartered, Bank of China and HSBC are issuing new millions of HK$ notes monthly. Inflation in supermarkets has been running at about 8% a month for more than a year, yet the HK Government official rate for the past year was only 4%. Liars figure and figures lie. Many are predicting mass civil disobedience here, perhaps by the end of the year. Rents have increased 100% in the past 12 months also. On September 1st, 2011 HK workers got a basic wage increase of 5% HKD$ to HKD$28 an hour, on the same day rents across the board increased 50%. 10 months later rents increased another 50%. On May 1, 2013 International Labour Day HK workers will get an extra HKD$2 an hour, I suspect that there will be another 50% rent increase.
Mainland China’s State Owned Enterprises are investing massive sums into building properties for the elite here. The Hong Kong government, AKA Jardines, subsidary of East India Trading Co has built 1000s of high rise cheap “public housing” yet many of them, completed, lie vacant. These are Agenda 21 residential boxes adjacent “public transport” terminals. My flat, which measures 4 X 2.5 M, will cost you a tad over AUD$1 Million!!!
You want to see Agenda 21 operating in full swing? Come to Hong Kong. The HK Government as of end of financial year 2011 - 2012 had a cash surplus of HKD$3 Trillion!!! Although the figures have not been released it looks like the HKD$3 Trillion will be 2 or more Xed owing to the HK being the world’s premiere and safest Gold Trading Market. HK is awash with Black Cash.
And to top off the list of achievements here, not only do we have the world’s tallest building, HK has the coveted “Most Polluted City in the World” rating. What was, just a couple of years ago, one of the most beautiful harbour cities in the world has won the prestigious title, finally! Which picturesqe city will take out the coveted first place? The bets are on...
While all eyes are on the USA, oops a slip, America, the great cities and countries of the world are going under at alarming rate yet no one knows. Thank you, Rupert. Please don’t tell any one about my slip, will you. Seriously. How did the USA become America? I can’t find it on any maps. Must be coming to an atlas near you quite soon, I suspect.
Keep on the great work on your Newsletters and FB.
Blow The Whistle Type Web Site
Haven’t had a chance to check this out yet. Let me know what you think.
How to Use Google Trends To Boost Your Business
Maintaining a successful online business requires a multitude of disciplines, not the least of which includes a watchful eye on the changes and trends in your industry. It’s now imperative that you understand the needs and interests of your demographic, and that you respond to large-scale shifts as quickly as possible.
Until next time,
How To Live The Healthiest Life
To improve your chances of living disease-free, check
When you want to share data in my newsletter, click on this little icon you see below:
Most of the content herein has been copied from someone else. Especially the images. My goodness some people are talented at creating aesthetics! The small bits that are of my creation are copyright 2013 by Tom Grimshaw - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Back Issues | Feedback | Subscribe | Unsubscribe
Festival Management Software
Free Business Evaluation Questionnaire
How to Defeat Artificially Accelerated Aging and its Degenerative Diseases